Protein Packed Black Bean Salad RecipeTuesday 29 October 2019 - By Thea
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 600g chicken breast, breasts sliced in half (quickens cooking time)
- 3 cups chopped kale, massaged in olive oil and salt
- 1 capsicum, finely sliced
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Sea Salt
To cook quinoa, place the quinoa in a sauce pan with 2 cups of water. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to a simmer, cover with a lid and let it reduce and absorb the water for 10-15 mins. Turn off the heat and let the quinoa continue to cook, you should see little tails on the quinoa.
To cook the chicken, lay the chicken breasts on the tray, drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper and cook for 30 minutes. Once cooked and cool enough to touch, slice and dice it.
In a large bowl, combine the quinoa, chicken, kale, capsicum, red, coriander, black beans, avocado and pumpkin seeds. Squeeze over lime juice, season with salt and pepper and toss thoroughly.