Chicken Pesto PastaMonday 11 February 2019 - By Thea
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1 tbl olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 300g chicken breast, sliced
- 1 head broccoli, chopped finely
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 bag chickpea or mung bean pasta (see images below)
- Sea salt + pepper
- 1/2 cup cashews (soaked for 30 mins)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 bunch basil
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 big handful of freshly grated parmesan cheese
Cook chickpea/mung bean pasta as per packet instructions. This only take 6-8 minutes.
Make pesto by combining all ingredients in a blender/food processor. Blend until the pesto forms a paste, it’s ok if the texture is a little chunky, this adds character to the pasta!
In a large frypan, heat olive oil and add in garlic. Fry off for 1 minute, then add in the sliced chicken breast. Cook for 8-10 minutes, until the chicken is fully cooked.
Add in the broccoli and zucchini and cook for a further 5 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
Add in the pesto and stir through, then add in the cooked pasta. Use tongs to toss and evenly coat with the pesto. Sea with salt and pepper & plate up!