Sticky Peanut Butter Sweet Potato SaladSunday 24 February 2019 - By Thea
Ingredients for Salad (Serves 4-6 as a side)
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- handful of parsley, chopped
- 45g dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 heaped tablespoon black sesame seeds
- Sea salt and pepper
For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons date syrup, maple syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- handful of roasted peanuts
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
2. Place the sweet potatoes in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil, the spices, sesame seeds and some salt and pepper and mix well, ensuring everything gets coated.
3. Lay sweet potato onto the baking tray and cook in the oven for 30 minutes, until they’re really soft.
4. While the sweet potatoes are cooking, make the dressing, whisking everything with some salt until smooth.
6. Once the sweet potatoes are cooked, drizzle over the dressing & sprinkle with parsley, toasted peanuts & chopped dates.